Most nationalities don't require a visa to visit South Africa. A passport valid for at least 6 months is required. Check here for visa requirements for each country: www.home-affairs.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/exempt-countries
Ask your travel agent to double check if you require a visa to enter South Africa.
Clients are collected and dropped off at the Port Elizabeth Airport and this service is included in your daily rate. We suggest flying to either O.R. Tambo (Johannesburg) or Cape Town Airport, and catching a connecting, short domestic flight (1 hour 30 minutes) to Port Elizabeth. Noorsveld Safaris, located on Olyvenfontein ranch, is a picturesque 2 hours’ drive from Port Elizabeth. Pick up from and drop off at the airport are not included as hunting days.
- It is recommended to go for a full medical check-up before travelling internationally.
- Noorsveld Safaris advises you to take out medical insurance. Although South Africa is known to have some of the best doctors and private hospitals, quality healthcare in South Africa is not cheap.
- No malarial medication or any other special vaccinations are required in the Eastern Cape. In most tourist areas there are high standards of hygiene and safe drinking water. At Noorsveld Safaris we supply safe fresh drinking water for all visitors.
- The Karoo climate is widely appreciated and known for its clean environment and many people visit the Karoo to improve their overall wellbeing.
- South African Rand, divided into a hundred cents.
- Traveller’s cheques are easily cashed in major cities.
- Credit cards are widely accepted.
220/230 volts AC. Three pin round plugs are in use.
International Direct Dialling is available.
Country code is 0027
Mobile telephone coverage is available in all urban areas.
Wifi / internet